Diamonds are attracted to grease and if they are not cleaned regularly and properly by your jeweler, they will tend to lose the full beauty of their sparkle and fire. All that is required to bring your favorite diamond or diamonds back to their pristine best is a good clean and service by a reputable jeweler.
Detergent Bath: Prepare a small bowl of warm water using any mild household liquid detergent (be sure not to use any cleaners containing chlorine). Brush the jewelry with a soft brush until you have created a lather around it. With the jewelry on a plastic or metal strainer, rinse off with warm water (be sure not to clean your jewelry over the drain!) Pat your jewelry dry with a soft, lint-free cloth.
Cold Water Soak: Make a solution of 4 parts cold-water and 1 part very mild dishwashing detergent. Soak the pieces for several minutes. Lift out and tap gently around all sides of the mounting with a soft brush. Rinse the pieces in the solution once more and drain on tissue paper.
The fire in a diamond that has not been cleaned for some time may have dulled, due to deposits of grease to which diamonds are attracted. Having your diamond jewelry regularly cleaned and serviced by a reputable jeweler is the very best way to ensure that they always sparkle and shine at their best.
Storing jewelry in a safe place is not only about security but also about keeping each piece safe from inadvertent harm.
Each item of set jewelry and each gemstone should be stored individually. Gemstones can scratch and otherwise damage each other if they are in direct contact with each other. Remember that diamonds can scratch each other and certainly cause damage to other gemstones.
Invest in fabric-lined cases purpose-built for storing jewelry. These will have individual compartments.
Alternatively, wrap each item in soft tissue paper or use jewelry pouches for each item.